This morning’s breakfast was superb and completely inspired by Jessica.
My eyes glazed over when I saw her recipe for White Bean Breakfast Hash.
Of course, I had to make it.
And, of course, I had to change it up a bit.
A remix, if you will..
White Bean & Leak Breakfast Hash
Recipe: Serves 1 (maybee a bit of leftover veg)
2 slices turkey bacon
1/2 cup cooked cannellini beans
1/4 white onion
1/2 tbsp butter
1 garlic clove
1/2 cup mushrooms
1. Chop the onions, leek, mushrooms and garlic.
2. Cook your turkey bacon on the stove on medium high heat.
3. Once the grease begins to seep out (there isn’t that much – it is turkey bacon after all), add the butter and push the bacon to the side.
4. Add the onions, garlic, mushrooms, and leek. Cover and let cook, occasionally stirring. At some point, remove the turkey bacon, chop it up, and replace it.
5. Once the veggies are almost soft enough, add the beans and a sprinkle of sea salt.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!
Turkey bacon * much higher in protein than regular bacon. Look for 6 grams of protein per slice! A great source of B vitamins.
Leeks * are a good source of folate, manganese, and vitamin C! They also contain the antioxidant kaempferol which help protects blood vessels.
White beans * extremely high in fiber and a good source of protein. They are also high in iron and molybdenum, which aids the body in making detoxifying enzymes.
Mushrooms * a great source of niacin, potassium, and selenium!